The Illinois Department of Transportation uses the Context Sensitive Solutions (CSS) approach to engage community involvement in transportation related projects. The IL 53 Phase I study is being guided by the CSS process.
The purpose of the CSS process is to:
- Understand the stakeholder’s key issues and concerns.
- Involve stakeholders in the decision-making process.
- Establish an understanding of the stakeholder’s role in the project.
- Address all modes of transportation.
- Set a project schedule.
- Apple flexibility in design to address stakeholder concerns whenever possible.
There are different opportunities to get involved in the development process of this project. These methods provide opportunities to learn about the project and provide input. For more information on Community Advisory Groups (CAG), Public Meetings, or to view the Stakeholder Involvement Plan (SIP), click on the links below.
For more information about the CSS process click here.